Who is eligible?
- Those who are homebound and unable to prepare their own meal because of illness, disability, or age.
- Those who are physically unable to attend a nutritional or congregate meal site.
How to apply?
- An application is taken over the phone in our office and a doctor’s diet order is necessary before the service can begin.
- If you would like us to call you, feel free to start the application process by filling out the form in the APPLICATION button above or click here and we will be in contact with you!
How much does my meal cost?
- Hot meals cost $4.95 each, with the option of adding on a sack dinner (additional $1.95) and a frozen weekend meal (additional $4.95).
How to I contribute to my meals?
- Statements are mailed out at the end of each month.
- Make your check or money order payable to La Porte Meals on Wheels.
What if I cannot contribute to the cost of my meals?
- We are here to help assist with people that truly need meals. Please call us so we can discuss your situation!
- We may refer you to Real Services. They can be contacted by calling (574) 284-2644 or (800) 552-2916. They will assess your situation and provide you with a case manager.